Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Our Savior

Last night I was thinking about Garrett and the life and spirit that he is. I was also thinking about a friend of mine and how his son was having some headaches and his wife took him to the doctor. After a few tests it was confirmed that he had some form of cancer. I then started thinking about all the times Garrett has had a hard day and how he will grab his head and say he is having a hard day and that he has a headache. This got me thinking about what would I do if Garrett ended up with cancer, which lead me down a long rabbit trail of finally thinking about what Christ has done for us. I thought about my sin and evil heart, and how God gave up his son for me while I was yet a sinner. I even wondered to myself if I would have the faith of Abram to give my son up for God, much less to give him up for my enemy.

It really effected me while I was trying to go to sleep last night. I guess what I'm trying to get to here is that, Garrett I really love you. You make me laugh, - love to wrestle with you - even when you hurt me. Most of all, though, you are bringing me closer to our Savior without even knowing. Thank you buddy! I really love you!

No comments: